Tuesday 30 July 2013

Some Yummy Xmas Parcels

My dear friend Karen and I decided we would have our own little "Christmas in July" swap - Karen was my partner last year in Mrs Martins 'Lets Celebrate' swap, and we were like two kindred spirits, so of course we keep in touch, and a parcel or two gets sent off in the mail every now and then between us.  Karen, as always, spoilt me rotten with these gorgeous goodies I shall treasure -
How beautiful is this stitched star ornament?

And I love my stitchery wallhanging
And a lovely kit for me to stitch/sew - better photo coming up
March is my birthday month - how special having a wallhanging to celebrate the event.
And some lovely fabric and magnet from the exhibition at Queensland Art Gallery celebrating 200 years of British quiltmaking , many of which are from the Victoria and Albert Museum - what an amazing display that would be. I loved our swap as always Karen.

And I have been stitching - this is July's project in Chooky's SAL which I've just finished. A cute little xmas bag from Natalie Bird's Tis the Season" book -
Cheryl


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

love that bag Cheryl,well done and love the items you received in the swap.xx

Wendy said...

Lots of lovely gifts for you and your bag looks wonderful.

Chookyblue...... said...

your SAL bag looks great.............

Christine M said...

That star certainly is beautiful! Your bag looks great Cheryl.

Jeanette said...

Lovely gifts. Your bag looks lovely. Hugs.xx

Fiona said...

those are lovely goodies... I thought the star was striking....
Hugz

Fiona said...

...oh and your bag is great too!!
Hugz

Susan said...

Love that stitched star, a very pretty ornament. Cute bag.

Maria said...

Love those goodies from Christmas in July...your bag is gorgeous!

Melody said...

Wonderful presents.