Wednesday 15 October 2014

Some New Snowies and 1 Xmas Item a Month

A friend and work colleague has just returned from four weeks cruising the Rhine. Sounds hard to take, doesn't it. But she did think of me while away. Check out my new snowmen -
The one on the left is handblown glass - a man on the boat was demonstrating both these very cute snowmen and beautiful glass xmas ornaments, and of course being a major snowman lover she knew which one to choose. The one on the right she bought in (her words) the biggest and most beautiful Christmas Shop she had ever seen while during a tour off the boat in Rothenberg, Germany. Top right is some yummy chocolate and as big a chocoholic as I am I am loathe to open it because of the most beautiful wrapper.
And while on Christmas I havn't shown you my progress on my two projects for 1 Xmas Item a Month - these were September's.
Firstly this very cute Noel block from "Merry Mistletoe" from Michelle at Rag-Tag Stitchin. Think this is no 5 block so will start and add some borders soon.
And the other bigger project I'm working on is "Angels Wishes" from FignBerry Creations.

Apart from secret sewing I have been working on a quilt for my niece"s 18th birthday. Now none of my other nieces or nephews have ever asked me for a quilt so I was a bit excited when this particular niece said that that is what she would like.  So she helped me pick some fabrics/colors.
So I've been cutting lots of colourful strips - way out of my comfort zone here lol.

I've kept it simple - post and rail - as there is photos to be added in the gap, and I didn't want it to detract from the photos. Still a long way to go, but it's coming together slowly.
Now back to secret sewing. Cheryl

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chez,love your new ornaments,your stitching projects are gorgeous,wow Lucy's quilt is coming along nicely.xx

gracie said...

Love the snowman...and the stitching.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gorgeous new Christmas friends!!! What a lovely gift. Beautiful stitching and great progress on your niece's quilt xx

Christine M said...

How special are those gorgeous ornaments. Yes, the colours are certainly not the normal Cheryl colours! Lucy will love her quilt, I'm sure.

Jeanette said...

Love the snowmen. So cute. Beautiful stitching & the quilt is gorgeous. Hugs,xx

Kim said...

Cute snowmen, lovely stitcheries and your niece's quilt is looking great.

Melody said...

Wow,what a wonderful snowman great stitching too

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You are so cleaver.....

Fiona said...

great snowmen to sit with you.... and lovely stitching and sewing... I like the look of the quilt...
Hugz