Tuesday 18 November 2014

And the Stockings were Hung

The Christmas decorating is continuing. Thought you might like to see some more lovely handmade gifts from friends and swaps -

They look so lovely together and about to go up.
I just had to show you this one as well. I stitched this one 3 or 4 years ago and just love it. This is only half it's size and is one of Viv's Creations lovely patterns. 

Now I'd forgotten (well not really because I'm stitching one) to show you my purchases from our local quilt show a couple of weeks ago. Not only was there lots of gorgeous quilts, but four lovely shops as well, including one with thousands of antique buttons. 

I couldn't resist this lovely bundle of red fabrics or the lovely new wool from The Quilted Crow girls. Would have loved the red wool also but they had sold out. And then because I love xmas I had to have this new Rosalie Quinlan pattern (sorry didn't realise the light had reflected off the photo). It is stitched in various cosmo threads, but I'm stitching mine in DMC equivalent.  Cheryl

14 comments:

Maria said...

Sew many beautiful Christmassy stockings and wall hangings to decorate with..
I can see you will be make more with your nice stash that followed you home.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl lots of beautiful work there and i love your new buys,looking forward to our next adventure my friend,dont let me forget to give you Christines gifts i have left them in the car so i dont forgot ,but as you know that doesnt mean a thing with me,lol.xx

Cheryll said...

And the gorgeousness continues! :)

Susan said...

Stitched stockings are one of my favourites. I love the Marg Low one on the right.

marina said...

beautiful hand made loveliness Cheryl!! I enjoy bringing the hand made out stuff the most.
enjoy your decoration.

Karen S said...

You really are getting into the swing of it!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So many amazing goodies

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So many amazing goodies

Helen said...

Oh just beautiful stockings !!

KERYN B said...

You are a busy girl..Love those red fabrics.

Christine M said...

Your stockings are gorgeous, Cheryl. They must be lovely hanging up in your place.

Fiona said...

lovely to see the stockings coming out.... I love all that stitching on them...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Makes me happy to see all the Christmas treasures making their appearance!

Mrs Shepo said...

Your home looks amazing Cheryl,what a shame they only come out for a short time, I have some of mine hanging all year,run out of space to hide them. Cheers. XX