Tuesday 20 October 2015

A Wonderful Day Stitching

Well last Saturday finally came around. Shez and I and my friend Sandy had been counting down the days to the FignBerry Soiree.  This time Lisa had organised Melissa from "One Day in May" to be the guest designer/  Spoilt we were, with six most amazing patterns - all Christmas themed (my favourite) -
On the way we had breakfast with Carol and her lovely family, and it just so happens Carol was my partner in the Friends Having Fun Christmas swap, so I was able to hand deliver her 12 gifts.
This beautiful wallhanging was one of our projects from Lisa.
And the other two projects from Lisa were this cute xmas stocking which I started stitching on the day and the gorgeous felt mat.
And this beautiful dove was a project from Melissa - she suggested either a candle  could go in the centre or a mason jar with candy canes.

This project from Melissa was also adorable.  She uses a lovely technique for double sided flowers and holly leaves which gives a great 3D effect.
 
My stitching companions - not sure what Shez was making a point about here lol.
And we finally got to meet Dawn, as I follow her blog, so that  was just lovely
Just had to show you Lisa's new quilt "Penguin Parade".  Well it was such an amazing day. Can't wait for the next one. Cheryl

8 comments:

Melody said...

The soiree certainly was fabulous. I missed seeing you and all my lovely friends but I did meet some delightful new friends. I agree - all the patterns were fabulous. Hope to see you soon, much love

Anonymous said...

Hi my lovely friend it sure was a fabulous day and Carol spoilt us once again with a wonderful brekkie,we sure do have the nicest friends. It was very handy being able to drop your FHFS Xmas swap gifts to Carol,worked out great seeing Carol is off o/s 's next month. Thankyou and SAndi once again for a wonderful day,we sure do have fun and it was awesome catching up with our friends,enjoy your time away my friend xx


Jeanette said...

Looks like a wonderful day. Fabulous patterns by the designers. Hugs, xx

Cheryll said...

What wonderful projects in your goodies bag. I am green with envy... lol
I can see you all had a FuN day together. xox

Kim said...

Looks like you had a great day with lots of lovely projects for the to do list.

barb's creations said...

OOooohhhh so that's where you were when I was your way last weekend for a wedding! Looks like lots and lots of fun, love all your goodies in your goody bags :) Barb.

Karen S said...

The project patterns are delightful. Of course Christmas has to be a favourite!
Looks like a great time.

Wendy said...

The weekend looks amazing and such beautiful projects!