Sunday 7 February 2016

Friday Night Stitching

I joined in with Cheryll at www.stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.com for -


Woo hoo and I had company for a change (apart from hubby who really doesn't see what all the fuss is about).  Shez came to visit. If the truth be known we didn't start stitching til late, but I did make some progress.  I decided to do some more on a Gail Pan class project "Summer Harvest"

So this was my effort on Friday night.

And today I had done enough blocks to put a small section together -
 
And just some show and tell from an outing with friends on Thursday -
 
Found a wonderful second hand shop that we could have spent hours in, and some treasures came home.  The tin on the right I thought Shez could use for one of her wonderful sewing tins.
 
Oh and there was some fabric too (as you knew there would be).  A wonderful shop I always enjoy visiting "Quilters Harvest".  And they had a sale - buy a metre and get half a metre free, so of course I had to buy a metre of the lovely mottled stitchery fabric on the left and I was forced to take the rest for nothing.  Cheryl
 
 
 


11 comments:

barb's creations said...

Sounds like a brilliant way to spend a weekend, love the applique you're working on and how lucky were you to get an extra 1/2 mtr for free :) Barb.

Anonymous said...

Hi my lovely friend,we sure did have fun stitching together,wow your blocks are looking great together,you did well Cheryl.
Oh you girls sure did have some fun,lol what a shame you were forced to take that extra fabric,lol ,enjoy your evening my friend and I hope you have a great week back at work xx

Houseelf said...

Love your bargains fellow FNWF. Gail Pan does come up with such lovely designs. I like her elves.

marina said...

Such pretty appliqué Cheryl , lovely progress.
Love the tins, I'm sure Shez will repurpose them beautifully.So great to have her company for fnsi and your shopping adventures.
Great bargain at the fabric shop!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful applique Cheryl! Lovely to stitch with Shez in real time. I love your little treasures too x

Fiona said...

beautiful work.. how fun to sew with Shez too
Hugz

Karen S said...

I am surprised that any stitching was done with the two of you getting together! Looks like some good buys as well.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Two naughty girls together ... Was there any wine .....hope so ....gorgeous appliqué xxxxx

kiwikid said...

How difficult to have to take extra fabric!!! Lol!!! Your appliqué looks beautiful Cheryl and how lovely to sit and chat and sew with Shez. And great to have shopping time with friends.

Melody said...

Love your version of Gail's beautiful design and fabulous bargains too.

Anne Heidi said...

Sounds like you've been having a great time! Love your blocs, they are beautiful!