Monday 25 April 2016

A Lovely Weekend

While the beautiful Autumn weather is still with us, we decided on a weekend away to lovely Warrnambool on the coast.  And the weather did not disappoint - not even any wind. Perfect.

The grandies had fun.
I got to put the feet up and do some stitching and enjoy the sunshine. 

Not much to show in the stitching department - mainly because I have flitting from this to that lol.  But I have a couple of things to show  -
A young girl I used to work with has just started stitching - and this is her first piece. She asked me if I would make it into a sewing bag for her, which I did.

This is one of the two cushions from a class I did  few weeks ago. 

It is a Teddlywinks design. Now to make them into their cushions.

Cheryl

10 comments:

Jo said...

Looks like a lovely day

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,the girls would've loved there special holiday at the beach lovely stitching my friend xx

Michelle said...

Your weekend away looks very relaxing! Love the bears, will look great as pillows.

Jeanette said...

Likes like a very lovely weekend away. Love the stitching. Hugs,xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely to have a weekend with the family. Of course love your wee Ted there. Great work by your young friend.....we need a new generation of Stitchers lol!

Karen S said...

You chose a lovely spot for your time away. And the weather was perfect.
You have been doing some lovely stitching. The bears are delightful.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks perfect love your stitching 💖💖

Anthea said...

Lovely spot for a break, Cheryl... good on you, encouraging the interests of a new stitcher!

Fiona said...

best place ever is the beach....
Hugz

kiwikid said...

What a lovely day at the beach!! Such a wonderful place to sit and stitch!!