Tuesday 14 February 2017

Catching Up

Well I have been away on a little break - just what was needed really and spent by the ocean with my favourite little people -

As my grandies live in different States they had a ball catching up.

I have been very slack on the blogging department since my return - but I have been sewing under the air con most nights -

Have prepped my next wool block in the Harvest bom - this is block 6 I think and is called "The Straw Man".

And have started to add the borders on last year's mystery block of the month "The Night Before Christmas" from FignBerry Creations.

Lots of stitching - didn't always keep up, but it's done.

And this is the first block in a free stitchalong before Chritmas called "The Magic of Christmas" - all different star block in red and cream or beige I've used. Started with the easy block - I'm not the best accurate piecer so we will see how we go.  Cheryl



8 comments:

kiwikid said...

Great to hear you had a good holiday with the grandies. That wool block looks wonderful and good to see your stitchery quilt coming together. Your last block looks great to me!

creations.1 said...

Nothing wrong with your star block - beautiful stitcheries coming together nicely and your wool block looks great! Time spent with Grandies is so very precious - it over rides anything thing else that needs to be done - lovely that you could have that time and enjoy them.

Michelle Ridgway said...

So special to spend time with your family. Looks like you made lots of progress under the air con....lovely xx

Jo said...

Good to get a start on another Xmas quilt... you should be feeling refreshaed ready for lots of stitching now...

Jeanette said...

I was only just thinking of you & how you were when you post popped up. Glad you had a lovely holiday. Love you projects, Hugs,xx

The Patch Craft said...

Fantastic effort. I am now stitching my last bom from last year, being good and not starting the new one till it's finished. Great to hear about your time with the grand kids, holidays are fun.

Karen S said...

So glad you had a good break with your family. That is lovely.
Great to see you back to your stitching and working on all your projects!!

Cheryll said...

It's always NiCe to catch up with you Cheryl...regardless how long in between... xox