Wednesday 9 August 2017

What I've Been Up To

It is a month or so since I did a blog post. Not sure where the weeks are flying by.  Had a nice week off work and spent it in South Australia with my youngest daughter and her family. Our youngest granddaughter celebrated her 1st birthday.  Wish I could show you the videos. She started walking at 9 months and so very good on her feet.  And obviously watching everything her big 3 year old brother does as while we were there she decided she could scoot along on the scooter like he does. Just amazing how quick they grow.

Have been dabbling in many projects (as always) on the sewing front. 

Another two blocks done in my wool "harvest' block of the month - think that's 7 done now.

Scarecrows and pumpkins were  popular theme in this bom.  Each block was designed by a different designer.

And of course always plenty of stitchery on the go.  This block has been a long time in the stitching though.  I am stitching along (very slowly) with Fiona and Michelle on Anni Down's A Gardener's Journal and have almost finished the main house block.  But I have traced the next two to spur me along.

And a lovely gingie block from Michelle's book  " Holly Jolly Christmas" which I'm also stitching along with a bunch of others.  Michelle's gorgeous book is available via her blog michelleridgwaydesigns1.blogspot.com.au.  This block is one of my favs.

Cheryl

7 comments:

maria said...

you have been busy, love what you are doing.

Jo said...

Glad you had a great time with family. I was just checking your blog the other day. Good to see you back...

Maria said...

Lovely spending time with your DD and family.. Your little GD sure is quick at picking things up..a Visio would have been cute.
Nice Halloween wool projects , great stitchery and Michelle's designs always look great.

Jeanette said...

Love your projects. Nice that you spent time with you family. My goodness your GD is quick at picking things up. Hugs,xx

Fiona said...

so great to spend time with grandies.... I always find mine so much more impressive than I remember their parent!!! haha..
Well done with your house - I htink that's the biggest block so good to have that done.... a few more to do - neither of us are pushing too hard with it.
Love your stitch-a-long blocks....
Hugz

kiwikid said...

How nice to spend time with the family especially the grandies!! Love your wool blocks, they look great Cheryl. The stitchery is beautiful, always good to sew along with others for motivation. Love the ginge too, Michelles design is lovely. Nice to see you back blogging.

Karen S said...

It sounds like a great time was had with your family. That is special. Lovely to see the blocks you are doing. I especially like the wool BOM. Great colours. Keep up the the stitching!