Friday 13 April 2018

AQC

I don't often go to the quilt/craft shows, but as this one last Saturday was at the beautiful old Royal Exhibition Buildings in Carlton and was all patchwork and fabric related I thought I would make an effort to go.  I wish I had taken some photo's of the inside of this amazing building for those of you who don't know it, but alas I was distracted by all the yumminess surrounding me.

I tried to be good - I have enough projects to do for the next 50 years if I don't ever buy another thing lol (which is not likely to be the case - am always buying something new, be it fabric or patterns).

I couldn't resist this beautiful wool project from Hat Creek Quilts (formerly The Quilted Crow) - it came as a kit with background and the yummy wools for just $26 which I thought was very reasonable.  Deirdre had it sitting in an old flan/tart dish, so I will be on the lookout for one of those.  Top right of the picture is four fat quarters in creams and caramels which I'm always on the lookout for  stitching on and couldn't resist the pack of 4 half metre pieces in deep caramels.


I have a weekness for Lisa from FignBerry Creations  Christmas designs, so of course had to pick up block 1 of her new one "Trim the Tree" in lovely wool felts.  It will go on the grey linen, top left.  And Marg Low had lots of lovely new goodies but really loved this little house wall hanging.  Ha ha so I thought I was pretty restrained. 

More birthday spoiling next post. Cheryl

8 comments:

Maria said...

Lovely purchases but you were very restrained Cheryl.

kiwikid said...

Great purchases Cheryl...more wonderful creations coming from you needle!!

Karen S said...

Love your purchases, but then I am a little biased.
I was also there on Saturday and bought from Hat Creek Quilts, Fig n Berry and Marg Low.
And, no ,I wasn't stalking you!

Helen said...

Love all your purchases, it was a great AQC.

Fiona said...

lovely projects to play with....

Hugz

Jeanette said...

Love your goodies. I've often eyed off that kit from Hat Creek Quilts. Must resist. :). Hugs,xx

marina said...

Beautiful new projects! I would have found t hard leaving the wool project behind too

Helen said...

Great buys and we can never have toooo many projects lol