Sunday 19 April 2015

A Wonderful Week Away and Stitching Soiree

Well I am back from a wonderful week at Magnetic Island with my family - yes I know life is tough sometimes.
This was the view from our front door every day.  A beautiful 31/32 degrees every day, though I must admit the humidity took a bit of getting used to.
Lovely beaches to swim at every day.
Lots of great things to do with the grandies.

And great to finally get to meet my gorgeous friend Karen from Brisbane, who was holidaying in Townsville and came over and spent the day with us, along with her wonderful grandson Parker and friend Narelle.  We had lots of fun as well as lots of talking and catching up.  Enjoyed our day immensely Karen - it was one of the highlights of our trip.

We flew home Friday, but no rest for the wicked as Saturday saw us heading off to a fun day of stitching with Lisa from FignBerry Creations and Leanne from Petals and Patches -
Some of our lovely projects from the day - sewing basket. needlebook and pincushion from Leanne and Ladybug table centre from Lisa.
This was the project I worked on on the day - a lovely sewing case designed by Lisa.
Loved this one too - and I'm sorry about the photo, but no way of laying it flat to get a better one.  This was one of Leanne's patterns for us "My Sewing Studio" wallhanging.
More of Lisa's lovely designs - patterns for which we received on the day.

Lots more photos to show you of our wonderful day - but will save them for another day.  Thankyou to my wonderful friend/driver Sandy, and lovely to have my stitching buddies Shez, Melody, Carol and Maria to spend the day with.  cheryl

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had the best time Cheryl,love our trips together,lots of fun a big Thankyou to our friend Sandy for doing all the driving. Oh yes I can see you did it hard on your Island,lol,looks such a beautiful place,and wow how lovely that you got to meet Karen,see you again soon my friend xx

Helen said...

Beautiful spot for a holiday. Lots of gorgeous projects, love Lisa's designs !!

Christine M said...

Lovely projects, Cheryl.

Jeanette said...

Boy you were doing it tough there at the beach. :) Lovely to have a stitching day with Karen & Narelle. Lovely projects. Hugs,xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely photos. I haven't been to Magnetic Island since I was 16 Lol! Sounds like a great family holiday to remember. Beautiful projects from your stitching day xx

kiwikid said...

Your holiday looks lovely Cheryl, lots of wonderful projects...I am sure you had a wonderful day with your sewing buddies!!

Fiona said...

Maggie Island is lovely... just a magic place really.... and straight back into the social life!
Hugz

Cheryll said...

Sounds like a PeRFeCt birthday get-away Cheryl. So pleased you enjoyed it. I gave you a wave as I passed by too! xox

Deb R said...

What a love way yo spend your birthday, glad you had a wonderful time x

Susan said...

A holiday and a workshop, what a way to celebrate!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow lucky you ....perfect..great projects xx

Karen S said...

No standing still for you! Looks like a wonderful holiday. And how lovely to return to a workshop instead of work!