Sunday 12 July 2015

A Lovely Day Stitching

We have been awaiting the arrival of this day for some time - a winter workshop at Quilters Harvest in Warracknabeal with Gail Pan. This was not a small project, but a quilt and I talked my buddy Shez into coming along with me.

It wasn't all just work - we did have some fun as well.
This was our gorgeous project for the day.  I love applique, but I am not that good at needleturn, so I needed lots of tips from Gail.
Not a bad effort if I may say so myself.
Come on I'm trying to take serious photos here lol
And of course I had to include group/progress photo.  Fun day and Gail is such a fantastic tutor.  It is all packed ready for me to take away for a few days, so hopefully I can keep practicing on  some more blocks. Cheryl

10 comments:

Maria said...

What. Happy day with friends.Your needle turn project looked great.

Jeanette said...

Fun day. Love the project Gail made. Your block looks great. Hugs,xx

Helen said...

Love Gails work your block looks great well done Shez !!

KERYN B said...

Beautiful work Cheryl, look forward to seeing it finished.

Chookyblue...... said...

you did so well.............

Karen S said...

It will be a lovely quilt. Great work on the first block. Do you go back again for more sessions or do you finish it on your own now?

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks fantastic glad you had fun xxx

Fiona said...

Wonderful.. your needleturn looks great... are you both going to make the quilt?
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Great to see you all having fun Cheryl, your appliqué looks wonderful!

marina said...

love your first block it looks great.
very neat needleturn too.
Are you a convert now?