Wednesday 29 July 2015

CIJ, Natures Journey SAL and FHFS

Well I only just realised I hadn't shown you what I made for Fiona in our Friends Having Fun swap. A ruler cover/bag was the theme this time and I know most of you will have seen the lovely photos Fiona took over on her blog www.bubzrugz.blogspot.com   I know she was really happy with her ruler cover and it has already had an outing -
Loved stitching the cute little stitcheries on this.

A close up of one of these. the cottage garden threads are great for picking up the colors of the fabrics.
And the back.  This was such a fun swap and one that had me thinking for a bit until I discovered this pattern.

And while talking of swaps, I've shown the you the gorgeous gifts I received from Jo in Cheryll's Christmas in July swap, but I havn't shown you what I made.  My partner was Lyn from Queensland -

First off was this wallhanging which is a design from The Birdhouse and one I have stitched several times and I still enjoy it.
I also made Lyn some of my favourite decorations - and of course they are Michelle's designs from Ragtag Stitchin. 
 
And lastly a Christmas bag (every girl needs at least one) - a design from Gail Pan's latest Christmas book and of course you need some goodies to go in it - so choccies, cottage garden thread and a Marg Low pattern/kit for Lyn to stitch.  I had a lovely email from her to say she had opened her gifts and was happy with them. 

And lastly I have been stitching, stitching, stitching on the centre block from Natures Journey, a Hatched and Patched design which lots of us are stitching away on as a SAL over on Chooky's blog.  It has taken a while as my needleturn is very slow, but must say I'm happy with it.  And a big thankyou to Shez who sat there for ages and cut out all the templates for me (I use the template plastic method) -
Ta da.  Now to start the big process of cutting lots and lots of little squares and putting it all together.
Cheryl

13 comments:

KERYN B said...

You made gorgeous gifts for your swap partner and when I come to stay you had better hide that ruler cover Fiona made cause it is so gorgeous just like my favourite ad at the moments says "We just pinch it"..xx

Jo said...

You have received some lovely gifts and sent some too. It is so much fun to do something in the middle of the year. Keep on stitching....

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl ,oh I love the ruler cover you made Fiona it's so beautiful and I love the swap goodies that you sent LYn,you put together some wonderful swap parcels there,oh wow how good does your centre block look,I love it ,well done my friend.xx

Christine M said...

Fiona's ruler cover is gorgeous, Cheryl. The Christmas in July gifts are beautiful too.

Melody said...

Such beautiful gifs both given and received. Swaps are so much fun.

Fiona said...

I do love my ruler cover and some great gifts went to Lyn... you are so clever...

I am still doing my needleturn... it takes me ages too!

Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

so many lovely projects here.........great to see your NJ centre........

Susan said...

Really beautiful gifts Cheryll. The stitcheries are lovely and look wonderful on the ruler bag, and your Christmas sewing is gorgeous as always.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful gifts you made Cheryl....your quilt centre looks great..yay for Shez!!!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the ruler cover ... And all,your stitching xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

You have made some lovely gifts Cheryl. Very chuffed to see my ornies amongst them. Your needle turn is beautiful! Well done x

Kim said...

Everything is so beautiful xx

Wendy said...

All your stitching is beautiful Cheryl. I love the gifts you made and I'm sure the ladies who received them did too, they are all gorgeous.