Wednesday 30 November 2016

Catch Up

Well lots of secret sewing happening so no sewing to show for this post.  But I did have a wonderful day off last week and hopped on the train to Melbourne for the day.  What fun we had -


First stop - Myer window.  Just gorgeous. A lovely story about  xmas eve at Luna Park.

Lots of detail and reminded me of my childhood.  It was gorgeous, but I did miss the fact that there was not a Christmas thing in sight.
 
Lots of shopping followed including a visit to the gorgeous l'ucellos.  I was pretty good lol - a lovely piece of French General fabric and some vintage buttons.  Not so good in the chocolate shops lol. to my defence I will save them for Christmas.
 
 
And to finish our day - high tea at the Langham. Divine.  This was just the sweets.  The best part of course.  But the sandwiches, plain and date scones that preceded were delicious as well.  Cheryl

7 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a wonderful day. One day I will visit L'ucellos! FG and vintage buttons....sounds perfect to me...ohhh and chocolate!

Jeanette said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Hugs,xx

kiwikid said...

Sounds like the best day Cheryl.

Anonymous said...

what a fun day Cheryl,going down to see Myers window soon.

Jo said...

Looks like you enjoyed yourself...

Maria said...

Looks like a lovely day off..

Karen S said...

Lovely idea to get in and see the windows early. Looks like a great shopping day.