Thursday 1 February 2018

Stitching Under the Air Con

Well a very warm 40 plus degrees down here for three days running, so impossible to do too much when I'm not working.  Watering the garden is left until 8 o'clock at night so stitching it has been under the air con.  Have bought three or four things out to work on -

I have been needleturning a circle a day onto a 5" charm square after seeing some of the lovely quilts Gail Pan made doing this.  I did have a couple of weeks off over xmas when things were a bit busy, but back into it again. Think I started in September and would have over 100 -

I have used the same backgrounds over and over but so far managed to not repeat a circle fabric. What does that tell you lol - way too much fabric. 

So in a moment of I don't know what I decided I'd do the same with orange peels.  This definitely won't be one a day as more preparation required, but would be nice to do 3 or 4 a week.  First lot ready to needleturn down today -


I did sign up to do Gail Pan's monthly "I Stitch" Club  - three cute little stitcheries to do per month  which is quite achievable.  The first three are done and ready to applique to their background -



Some stitcheries to prep today and I'm back to stitching my xmas bom from last year from FignBerry "A to Z of Christmas" as this year's is about to start and I'm only half way through last years.  Time to get a wriggle on.  Cheryl

10 comments:

Jo said...

Oh well, you will catch up when you catch up.....

kiwikid said...

Love your circles and orange peel, your stash must be wonderful!! The stitcheries are very cute. I am sure the Christmas stitchery will be finished for the end of this year.

Jeanette said...

Love your circles & orange peels. I've been following a friend on FB doing an orange peel quilt & i'm so tempted. Slaps hand NO,NO,NO. lol. I'll probably cave in eventually. Hugs,xx

Fiona said...

oh yay, another circler.... there seems to be a few of us doing this at the moment.... I love your orange peels too and Gails's club looks so lovely....

Hugz

Susan said...

Those circles are very popular....but I must resist - doing the circles is OK - but then you need to do something with them

I'm enjoying the Gail pan ones though

Michelle Ridgway said...

What Fiona said lol! I did a quilt of circles using a charm pack and I love it. Love your orange peels....they are also on my list sssssh!

Karen S said...

It is hard to stitch in the heat. I am so thankful for aircon. Great work with the circles and orange peel. They look so neat. And well done with your lovely stitching for Gail P. I need to get mine done but am still deciding what to use. Need to get a move on!!
Hope you get some cool breezes soon.

Maria said...

Great way to use your stash making circles and orange 🍊 peels...
Lovely stitcheries...

Deb R said...

ohh love your circles, being seeing them around....hope your are now getting the cooler weather!

Helen said...

Wow there are a lot of circles there, well done. The orange peels look great also.
Very cute stitcheries.