Monday 5 November 2012

Do you Remember These?

Did you read some of these lovely Enid Blyton books when you were a child?  I did, and they were my favorites - I would read them over and over.  Brer Rabbit particularly was a favorite, but also The Wishing Chair and Noddy of course. 

I came across a bundle of 8 different Enid Blyton books at a garage sale on the weekend for a very reasonable price , and couldn't leave them there. I'm hoping my granddaughters may enjoy hearing them one day.

A public holiday here in Victoria tomorrow for the Cup, so am hoping to get lots of secret sewing done. But then again hubby might have different ideas - he's hinting at a day in the garden. Cheryl

6 comments:

Noela said...

Good Luck with your sewing. Hope you get lots done. Hugs....

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Enjoy your public holiday, we haven't got one in Bendigo so it's all systems "normal" here :). I have been gathering some older style books for my little girl. Last addition was to Rupert the Bear books. I still love him and till have my Rupert :)

Maria said...

I used to read the Enid Blyton Famous Five and Secret Seven books and loved them! Enjoy your public holiday whatever you end up doing :-) This is my second Melbourne Cup Day since retiring and it's lovely to attend a Cup function :-) (I used to envy my non working friends being able to go to luncheons etc)

Michelle Ridgway said...

One of my favorite authors for sure. How wonderful to have them. My daughter is a teacher and she has frequently over the years taken her Faraway Tree books from her childhood and read them to her classes. They all have adored them. Enjoy your day off.

Diane-crewe said...

I LOVED those books ... just seeing the covers brought back memories xx

Anonymous said...

yes i can remember these books,what a great buy Cheryl.xx