Sunday 10 August 2014

Xmas in July Retreat Stitching

Well life has been busy but have been working away on some of the lovely projects we received recently at the Xmas in July retreat with Lisa from FignBerry and Marg Low -
This is a cute little felt decoration from Marg. Love these and have several more cut out ready to stitch.

Another Marg project I've finished stitching is this cute little stocking. Love the cream on the red for a change (though not easy to trace). This one will be the little stocking, but Marg included some cute tags in the pattern also, so will stitch them next.

Lisa had given us some lovely stitched decorations also, so that's what I've been stitching over the weekend and hope to have them together soon to show you.

The other (big) project I'm working I just love. It is called "Deck the Halls" from Crabapple Hill and is colored in with crayons. Easy you would think, but wasn't happy with the shading with the crayons, however Kim from Quilting with Kim is stitching this one with me and said setting it with heat gives a much better affect. Thanks Kim - this worked a treat. Early days with this one and not a great photo in the evening light (and the patterned background I'm using). I know my friend Karen is working on this one too and the Snow Globes one which uses a similar technique -

And I couldn't resist adding this to the stash this week. I love stitching on linen, and how cute is this linen -
I'm thinking Christmas possibilities here. Have a great week. Cheryl

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Chez you sure have been a busy bee,love your work,well done,so many fun things to stitch,enjoy your evening Chez.xx

Noela said...

Lovely stitching Cheryl. Lots of Christmas stitching going on here too. Hugs.....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous stitching.....love that linen....

Susan said...

Marts patterns are so cute and irresistible. Love a pattern that you can make over and over. The spotty linen is lovely, and very Christmassy. I'm sure you'll find something great to make with it.

Christine M said...

Lovely projects Cheryl. I haven't seen spotty linen before. Can't wait to see what you do with it. xx

Fiona said...

love that little fat bird .... and interested to see what you make with the spotty linen...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely projects you are working on...ooohh! Love the spotties!

Jeanette said...

Love your projects. They look great. Oo gotta love spots. Hugs, xx

Kim said...

Deck the Halls is looking great love your background fabric. Love your new fabrics and your decorations.

Karen said...

The projects from Marg and Lisa are lovely. Looks like you are having fun with them.

Cheryll said...

I haven't seen spotty linen before but I love it. Great for Xmas projects...yummmm