Thursday 26 May 2016

A Couple of Finishes

Well I didn't think I had been achieving too much, but I have got a couple of finishes to show you.  My friend Janet has a big 60 birthday in a few days, so Michelle's gorgeous booklet of stitcheries  "Please Come to Tea" immediately came to mind as the two of us love to share a cup of tea, and when she flies up to visit her old quilting group in Brisbane each year, she always calls into the Brisbane Tea Centre to bring me home a nice packet of flavoured tea.

Hard to get a photo of the three stitcheries I chose from Michelle's book (available for purchase from her at Rag Tag Stitchin"), but I was very happy with how it turned out.

Wish I had bought more of the pretty fabric.


And seeing a photo of Shez's finished Vintage Sewing Collage from a workshop we did with Gail Pan last year reminded me that I had also finished mine recently.


I had fun raiding my vintage sewing bits and pieces and old buttons to finish it off.  It's on loan at the shop where I work for now, but I have a spot ready on my sewing room (cum spare bedroom) wall for it. Cheryl

9 comments:

Jo said...

Some lovely finishes... It will be hard waiting to get it back from the shop...

simplestitches said...

love your stitcheries, especially the Gail Pan one...mine's about half done, it's my take along project at the moment.

Anonymous said...

Lovely finishes my friend ,Janet will love her new wall hanging :)

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous finishes. Love them both. Hugs,xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Feel very chuffed that I was a wee bit of your friend Janets gift xx Lovely stitching.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great job on the stitcheries 💖💖💖💖

Fiona said...

two very lovely finishes...
Hugz

Anthea said...

lovely finishes there Cheryl, the Gail Pan framed piece is gorgeous xx

Karen S said...

Your tea stitcheries have turned into a lovely gift for your friend. How appropriate a choice.
And another lovely finish on the Gail Pan piece too. It does look great.
Always good to have some finishes.