Sunday 17 March 2013

A UFO Finished

I started this quilt a couple of years or so ago,and was three-quarters finished apart from the border. I got it out again recently and finished the border and sent it away to be quilted with a lovely all-over pattern.
Loved the colors in it, and this was the lovely red floral  fabric that started it all.
It is big enough to top a double/queen bed but have another on there on the moment, so where to put it, as my old meat safe that houses quite a lot of my quilts is overflowing.
Then a friend of mine who manages our little local supermarket asked if I would like this cane basket. It had had an easter egg display in it and once its contents were gone they no longer needed it and were going to throw it out. Now I have a "thing" for baskets, so I couldn't say no, could I?  It is the biggest basket I have every seen, and it's taken me all afternoon to find a place in my home for it as it's so big, but have decided it will be perfect storage for some quilts.
Wonder if I'll be able to fill it by the end of the year. Have a great week. Cheryl



7 comments:

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Beautiful finish and lovley basket. I have my eye open for something similar to store some quilt in, in my lounge. hugs

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Lovely quilt ,a great finish.xx

Noela said...

Beautiful quilt. It looks great stored in your new basket. Hugs....

Anonymous said...

gorgeous quilt Cheryl and love that basket,i couldnt comment with bloglovin i had to go back through the old google reader,so hope it sorts itself out.xx

Fiona said...

The quilt is beautiful and so well worth finishing.... great basket and I'm sure you won't have too much trouble filling it...
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous...well done

Wendy said...

Beautiful new quilt and lovely basket, hugs Wendy