Friday 12 July 2013

Some More Shopping

As promised some more piccies from my trip and some of the yummy places I've been to visit.
Rick Rutherford's Country store was one I had been dying to see. I have all the "Australian Country Collections" mags he published, and his store (or this one at least - he has two) has a different style in each room.
He very graciously posed for a picture.

At the moment each room is decked out in a different theme for Christmas in July celebrations. Had to take a photo of the snowy corner.
Some beautiful xmas china. There was even a children's room decked out in xmas. I think I need a gingerbread tree after seeing the one at the shop - all decorated with gingerbread men and houses of different shapes and sizes.
Next I went to visit The Stitching Post - another gorgeous patchwork shop with different rooms and themes. I spent the most time in this room - the Christmas room, of course. Doesn't it look amazing.
The mantlepiece with so many different stockings hanging (sorry for the blurry photo).

Now I'm still unpacking so can't show you my purchases just yet, but I will, and I promise that will be the last of the shopping photos. Have a great weekend. Cheryl




13 comments:

Fiona said...

all that christmassy stuff should get you in the mood....
Hugz

barb's creations said...

Oh my goodness Christmas heaven on earth! Sounds like you had a lovely time and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see more pic's if you have any :) Barb.

Cheryll said...

Did you think you had died and gone to "heaven"??? What a fantastic shop and with all that Christmas goodness, well all I can say is arrrrrr! :)

marina said...

Oh My goodness Cheryl,
those shops are amazing, I am amazed you even got out of there, I would have moved in!
so much to see....

Deb R said...

I haven't been tot Ricks shop, but it looks amazing!!! Glad you had a great trip x

Noela said...

What wonderful shops. Thank you for sharing the photos. Hugs.....

Briar Rose said...

Hi Cheryl,
What a great trip, I would love to go to Rick's shop,
I have his Country Collection Mags too, I have been a fan for a long time.
Cheers R.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a shop.....amazing..

Anonymous said...

OMG you got a pic with Rick,i so wish i had sneaked into your suitcase,lol.Love all your pics,i agree with Barb,keep showing us them,thankyou for sharing,omg still cant believe you met Rick.xx

Susan said...

It's hard to know where to look at Rick's shop. How lucky for you to meet him too.

Michelle Ridgway said...

I knew we were Kindred Spirits...love Rick and I have all the mags too. Sadly I just missed Rick when I visited :( So glad you got a piccie. The shop is gorgeous.

Wendy said...

Looks like wonderful places to visit.

Sue said...

Cheryl has your parcel arrived yet