Sunday 19 July 2015

Out and About (Again) and CIJ

Well this intriguing looking parcel was waiting for me when I returned home on Friday - no clue who from but it was for the Christmas in July swap run by Cheryll over at The Stitching Cubbyhole.  Roll on the 25th - not that I did too much feeling or prodding, but no clues as to what might be inside -
Yesterday we had another wonderful class - yes I know that is two weekends running, but this one was one of my favourite topics "Christmas in July" with Lisa from FignBerry Creations and  Leanne from Petals and Patches. and boy were we spoilt. It was one of the best stitching days and lots of projects to keep me going with my favourite theme -

Not a very good photo with the sun streaming through the window, but I spent the day with lovely friends Carol, Shez and Karen. Karen had flown down from Brisbane for the day, whoo hoo. We had been counting down to this day for weeks.
Our two gorgeous tutors Leanne and Lisa.


Karen and I chatting non stop
Some of our gorgeous projects from the day - a Christmas card holder and lovely table centre which had stitchery and hexagons - both these were from Lisa.
And from Leanne this super cute table runner.

These gorgeous decorations were from Lisa and was the project I started stitching yesterday. In the background is a lovely wine bottle holder that was another of Leanne's projects.
And loved this - very hard to see the stitcheries.  I'll show you the goodie bag next post and it may be a bit easier to see.    Think I'm going to be busy, busy.  I also had my FHFS had delivered from Carol - just gorgeous - but \will show you that next post as well.  Wonderful day - had the best time. 

Do you think it's the 25th tomorrow. I will have to hide that interesting looking parcel. Cheryl

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl it sure was a fun day ,we had so much fun and good food and lovely projects,think we were in heaven,see you for our next one very soon,woo hoo xx

Karen S said...

These days are always great fun and such a lovely way to spend time with friends. Great projects, too.

Jo said...

There are some lovely projects for you to make.
Ummmmm no it's not the 25th yet... These parcels are so hard to ignore...

Melody said...

Annie and I went on Sunday and had a brilliant time too. Missed you and the others

Jeanette said...

Some lovely projects. Looks like lot's of fun was had. Hugs,xx

Kim said...

Looks like you had a fun day. Not too long to wait to open your present. I have had mine since I saw Shez in May I had to hide it in the cupboard to control my temptation.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great day indulging your favourite things...l lovely projects. It would be hard to choose x

Fiona said...

what funhaving lots of your favourite things around and such fun people to play with...
Hugz

KERYN B said...

Interesting parcel you have there, another great day out..

Christine M said...

Sounds like you girls had a wonderful time, Cheryl.

Maria said...

The projects look wonderful Cheryl. I know you all had fun as I've seen Shez's posts on FB and IG! :-)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Bet you girls had a ball xx

Chookyblue...... said...

workshops are soooooo much fun...........

kiwikid said...

Looks like you had a great time!