Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to you all - I'm sure this year will go just as quickly as the last one - a sign of getting older perhaps. 

Christmas Day was a bit of a mixed bag with my 6 year old granddaughter spending the day in hospital, so our family xmas lunch was a bit of a hurried affair in order to go to the hospital, but I did get to open my pressies, and I did want to show you these two gorgeous parcels I received.

A beautiful Christmas table runner from Noemia, my swap partner in Chookyblue's Secret Santa swap.

 


A closeup of the beautiful redwork stitchery centre of my new table runner. Thankyou Noemia for being my partner - my new runner is just beautiful.

I've been doubly spoilt - look at what I received from Maria

A beautiful old Meakin china plate - Maria I just love it - its so beautiful. I just love old china, so it will  be very much treasured.  Maria was my great partner in Cat's Advent Swap - this was my parcel to open on 25th December.  Have loved doing these wonderful Christmas swaps.

No time for any new sewing - have worked between xmas and New Year, all but the public holidays, so am pondering what to start next. There are things from last year I have started and need to get back to, but always tempting to start something new.  Decisions, decisions. Cheryl

8 comments:

shez said...

lovely gifts Cheryl,hope your GD is feeling better.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh dear Cheryl, I hope your granddaughter is better now. Your gifts are wonderful.... Love your China.
Happy New Year.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

I hope that your GD is better. Lovely gifts. Hugs

barb's creations said...

Hope your granddaughter is ok now Cheryl? Lots of lovely gifts and your plate is just gorgeous,lucky you :) Barb.

Fiona said...

lovely gifts.. hope your granddaughter is ok...
Hugz

Jeanette said...

Hope your GD is feeling better. Beautiful gifts. Hugs,xx.

Charlie and Wendy said...

Lovely gifts, hope your granddaughter is better. I look forward to seeing what you decide to work on!

Chookyblue...... said...

a lovely runner from Noemia.......thanks for being part of the SSCS 2012.......

hope your granddaughter is feeling much better.........