Monday 19 December 2016

A Special Friend

Well the delivery man arrived last week with THE most wonderful parcel.  Christmas gifts from my gorgeous friend Karen.  Funny but several of my friends have a love for all things Christmas, and Karen and I certainly do, so was so excited to open her parcel. To say I was blown away was an understatement -

Such a gorgeous xmas tea towel and Karen knitted the snowball decoration herself, clever chooky. Wish you could smell those soaps - divine.


And look at this amazing tree mat, stitched in beautiful wool felt and such tiny pieces. I love it.

And loved too this most gorgeous stocking - made in beautiful wools, which we both love working with.  Love the shape of it - see photo further on.

Told you I was spoilt -love  this gorgeous redwork stitchery with cute handpainted buttons framed in a hoop.  And Karen knows I love pincushions, so cross stitched this gorgeous one for me "And Sew Happy Christmas".

Isn't the little hanger gorgeous also in beautiful wool felt.  Now it did have some choccies and candy canes in there - didnt' quite make it for the photo - but eagerly devoured by yours truly and two granddaughters.  It looks beautiful hanging off my dresser.

And this is amazing - just beautiful.  In gorgeous wools with my favourite little snowman on it.  Such beautiful work. Just love it Karen.  Spoilt beyond belief.  Thankyou gorgeous friend.

Had a visit to my favourite Christmas shop yesterday at Maldon. This is one very small corner.

All the beautiful trees.  Will show you my purchases next post, along with some more of my lovely FHFS gifts. Cheryl

6 comments:

Jo said...

Spoilt isn't the right word. How beautiful. Lucky you

Jeanette said...

Oh how wonderful. Those Christmas goodies are all fabulous. i envy you that Christmas Shop. Maybe one day i'll get to visit it. Hugs,xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well you are definitely on the nice list lol! Beautiful gifts Cheryl...bet you enjoyed Maldon xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

My goodness these are gorgeous 💖💖💖

Helen said...

Wow so beautiful, love Karen's work :)

Karen S said...

Your gifts are totally wonderful. How gorgeous.
You are lucky to have such a wonderful friend.